It’s time again for Animal Medical Center of Seattle’s annual Fur Wheel Drive when we fill our car with donations to benefit the Animal Shelter Foundation’s and pets in need. This year we return in-person to Seward Park for the Furry 5k on June 12, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. to join other animal lovers in the Seattle area to raise money for the Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation.
Donations for the Fur Wheel Drive can be dropped off until Friday, June 10th at Crown Hill Pet Supply – 9053 Holman Rd NW, Seattle, WA 98117 and Pet Adventure – 22803 44th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Wish list items for the donation drive include:
- Unopened canned and dry cat and dog food
- New or gently used dog and cat toys
- Fleece blankets
- Small/medium cat carriers
- Dye and Scent-free Carefresh bedding for critters
- Cat litter (no pellet litter or scented)
- 8-foot dog leashes
- Dog coats (for rainy, cold days)
Past Events – 2022
You can register for the PAWSwalk at PAWSWalk.net. Make sure to use the promo code ANIMALMEDICAL and get $5 off registration!
We are pleased to announce a partnered event with New Beginnings and the Animal Medical Center of Seattle. Shoreline Chamber of Commerce board member, Jina Smith, LVT of AMCS, and Neba Zaidi from New Beginnings will chat about “Pets and Healthy Relationships” on Thursday, January 13th, 4-4:30 pm over Zoom.
As your local domestic violence service organization, New Beginnings values every family member even the fluffy ones. We are responsible for our pets, yet they greatly benefit our personal and social health. Many domestic violence survivors have pets of their own who join their journey of recovery.
In our short chat, Jina and Neba will discuss the following:
- How pets benefit our health and support us through hardships
- How a healthy partner can support you and your pet
- How to identify if a partner is unsafe for your pet
- How New Beginnings supports survivors and their whole family – including pets
- Chance to ask your questions about pets in your family