Veterinary Assistant – Surgery
Animal Medical Center of Seattle (AMCS) is looking for friendly and career-minded Veterinary Assistants to join our Surgery Department in Shoreline, WA. Our doctors, support staff, and managers all work together to provide the most comprehensive care and customer service for our patients, clients, and the referring veterinary community.
Successful Veterinary Assistant applicants will require the following experience, skills, and training to be considered:
- Has completed a basic High School level curriculum and received a diploma or GED.
- Has at least one year of veterinary experience (surgery or other specialty experience preferred)
- Experience in surgical pack preparation and proper sterilization techniques
- Displays competency in the general knowledge and nursing skills required to care for patients.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, and stand for long periods of time; can individually and frequently lift patients and inventory up to 40 pounds.
Animal Medical Center of Seattle provides employees with a wellness program; designed to support and encourage a holistic approach to employee wellbeing by creating an organizational culture of health.
Benefits for full-time employees include competitive hourly compensation; health; dental; IRA with a company-sponsored match; Life insurance; Employee Assistance Program; long and short-term disability insurance; discounted pet care; holiday pay; paid time off; reimbursement of licensing or medication clerk fees; company provided scrubs.
Please complete this job application (click here to download) and email your cover letter and resume if you are interested in joining our team at Animal Medical Center of Seattle to Alix Fisher at [email protected].