Pack Room Technician
Animal Medical Center of Seattle (AMCS) is looking for a Pack Room Technician to join our team in Shoreline, WA. By maintaining high-quality care and sterilization of surgical equipment and instruments and by aiding the nurses and doctors as needed, the Pack Room Technician will contribute to maintaining the highest standard of care for the patients. The Pack Room Technician will clean, sterilize, pack, maintain and care for all surgical instrumentation and equipment.
Pack Room Technician duties include, but are not limited to:
- Clean surgical instruments and equipment
- Fill and wrap packs
- Sterilize instruments, packs, and equipment using gas or steam
- Maintain and repair surgical and sterilization equipment as able
- Arrange outside maintenance and repair of surgical and sterilization equipment
- Rotate packs and re-sterilize as necessary
- Deliver sutures, packs, and instruments to operating rooms as needed
- Scrub in as sterile assistant as needed
- Clean operating rooms after surgeries are finished and prepare them for use
- Clean pack room area regularly and maintain an efficient workspace
- Regularly attend staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with supervisor
- Report any concerns, problems, or staffing issues to the supervisor
Knowledge and skill requirement:
- Has completed a basic High School level curriculum and received a diploma or GED
- Knowledge of basic computer functions
- Experience in surgical pack preparation and proper sterilization techniques
- Displays competency in the general knowledge and nursing skills required to care for patients
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, and stand for long periods of time; can individually and frequently lift patients and inventory up to 40 pounds
Animal Medical Center of Seattle provides employees with a wellness program; designed to support and encourage a holistic approach to employee wellbeing by creating an organizational culture of health.
Benefits for full-time employees include competitive hourly compensation; health; dental; IRA with a company-sponsored match; Life insurance; Employee Assistance Program; long and short-term disability insurance; discounted pet care; holiday pay; paid time off; reimbursement of licensing or medication clerk fees; company provided scrubs.
Please complete this job application (click here to download) and email your cover letter and resume if you are interested in joining our team at Animal Medical Center and indicate “Pack Room Technician” in the subject line to Charmaine McAbrew at [email protected]. You can also upload your completed application, resume and cover letter using the form below.
We appreciate your enthusiasm; however, we cannot take phone calls at this time as our phone lines are reserved for serving our clients.