Veterinary Technician (LVT) – Surgery
Animal Medical Center of Seattle (AMCS) is looking for friendly and career minded Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our Surgery Department in Shoreline, WA. Our doctors, support staff and managers all work together to provide the most comprehensive care and customer service for our patients, clients and the referring veterinary community.
Successful Veterinary Technician applicants will require the following experience, skills and training to be considered:
- Currently licensed or eligible to become licensed as a Veterinary Technician in the state of Washington; VTS credentialed technicians or those interested in pursuing VTS credentials are encouraged to apply.
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in a veterinary hospital setting preferred.
- Strong anesthesia skills are required for this position.
- Experience in surgical preparation of patients, maintaining sterile technique and surgical instrumentation required.
- Displays competency in the general knowledge and nursing skills required to care for patients.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, and stand for long periods of time; can individually and frequently lift patients and inventory up to 40 pounds.
Animal Medical Center of Seattle provides employees with a wellness program; designed to support and encourage a holistic approach to employee wellbeing by creating an organizational culture of health.
Benefits for full time employees include: competitive hourly compensation; health; dental; IRA with a company sponsored match; Life insurance; Employee Assistance Program; long and short-term disability insurance; discounted pet care; holiday pay; paid time off; reimbursement of licensing or medication clerk fees; company provided scrubs; $500 annual CE allowance for LVTs.
Please complete this job application (click here to download) and email your cover letter and resume if you are interested in joining our team at Animal Medical Center of Seattle to Alix Fisher at [email protected].