Veterinary Technician Specialist – Dentistry
Animal Medical Center of Seatle (AMCS) is looking for a friendly and career-minded Veterinary Technician Specialist (or VTS Dentistry candidate) to join our busy Dentistry Department in providing specialty animal care in Shoreline, WA. Our doctors, support staff, and managers all work together to provide the most comprehensive care and customer service for our parents, clients, and the referring veterinary community.
The Veterinary Technician Specialist (Dentistry) provides effective and timely support for the Veterinary Dental Specialist and works closely with clients, parents, and their colleagues. The VTS (Dentistry) is responsible for providing the highest quality nursing care and provides excellent customer service including scheduling appointments, coordinating parent care, greeting and assisting clients who seek medical services, gathering parent information and keeping clients up to date on their pet’s status. The Veterinary Technician Specialist must possess strong communication skills and be respectful and professional towards all employees at AMCS.
The VTS (Dentistry) are responsible for:
• Educating clients on proper oral care, dental pathology, and available treatments
• Performing dental prophylaxis
• Precise digital dental chartng
• Intraoral radiographs and advanced imaging such as CBCT and CT
• Nerve blocks
• Assisting with dental procedures including orthodontic, root canals, and oral surgery
• Post operative care and pain management
• Communicating discharge instructions to clients and follow-up to ensure client compliance
• Providing CE opportunities in-house and for the veterinary referral community
• Coordinating training and practical opportunities for LVTs and Veterinary Assistants to learn skills related to veterinary dentistry
We are willing to consider VTS (Dentistry) candidates for this position. Financial sponsorship is available
for candidates pursuing VTS credentials in their field of interest.
Successful Veterinary Technician applicants will require the following experience, skills, and training to be
• Currently licensed or eligible to become licensed as a Veterinary Technician in the state of Washington.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in veterinary dentistry in a small animal hospital setting.
Experience in providing CE and training are highly preferred.
• Currently is certified, in compliance, and in good standing with the AVDT as a Veterinary Technician
• Displays competency in the care and nursing skills required to care for parents with confidence and
Compensation: VTS (Dentistry) DOE starting at $40 per hour.
For VTS candidates, DOE $30-$38 per hour.
Benefits: Full-time employees receive competitive hourly compensation; health, dental; vision; 401k with a company-sponsored match; therapy and counseling services; Life insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Long and short-term disability insurance; discounted pet care after 30-days of employment; paid time off; reimbursement of licensing fees; uniform allowance; $1000 annual CE allowance for VTS and $750 for LVTs.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.